PLEASE READ THIS SECTION BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN
- There is limited time in the schedule, so please be at all lessons and on time.
- Make-up lessons are to be a rarity, not the norm.
- Each Student has been given a weekly, reserved time slot. You are paying for your teacher's time.
- Refunds will not be offered for missed lessons.
- The goal is to be at all lessons. However, there are 4 make-up lessons built into the studio calendar.
- These make-up lesson dates are offered in order to maintain consistent lessons. This is how we keep steady progress in the learning process.
- They are first come, first served, based upon time slot availability on the make-up lesson date.
- Students must make-up a current missed lesson by the following make-up lesson date offered.
- Once the make-up lesson date passes, any unused make-ups (up to that point) will be forfeited.
- No make-ups for make-ups. Meaning, if you miss your make-up lesson for any reason, it will be forfeited.
- No coming in sick on a make-up lesson day. You will be sent home.
- There will be times when a make-up lesson will have to happen via an online lesson. Or, in the instance that an online lesson isn't possible, we will do an audio/video homework assignment. That is when a student sends an audio/video of the song(s) they've been working on. I critique their work, and send back notes for them to practice for next time.
- It is the student/parent responsibility to make sure that the make-up lesson is scheduled.
- No stocking up on make-up lessons and doing them all in one day.
- This is why the make-up lessons are built into the schedule, and we do make-up lessons as we go.
- Students who miss too many lessons, and are clearly not able to maintain consistent attendance, will lose their time slot (after fair warning).
- Make-up lessons are not 100% guaranteed...the teacher will do everything possible to accommodate, but there are times when a student's schedule is far too busy. Drop-in Lessons will be recommended for such students.
- Finally, some studios do not offer any make-up lessons for missed lessons. Monitz Vocal Studio offers 4 make-up lessons over this school year, in order to be fair and flexible. Thank you for honoring the policies.
👉What is the difference between an excused absence and an unexcused absence?
- At least 48 hour notice of an activity or appointment that will conflict with the voice lesson time (this gives the Studio time to fill that spot). Strict adherence will be followed.
- Illness (if a student is too sick to attend school or work, they are too sick to attend lessons).
- Family Emergency* (A family emergency can be hard to quantify…but examples of legitimate family emergencies might include: car accident, family in the hospital, broken arm (this has happened), car is stuck in the snow (this too has happened).
- Rebekkah/Studio has to cancel (Make-up lessons will be offered in the rare instance that Rebekkah/Studio must cancel).
- Less than 48 hour notice of an activity or conflict. Strict adherence will be followed.
- Last minute cancellations that are not considered an Excused Absence.
- If a student is 15 minutes late for a lesson, the lesson will be forfeited.
- If a student cannot be at a lesson (but needs the lesson for an audition, etc.) we can Skype or FaceTime. This will count as a regular lesson.