There is limited time in the schedule, so please be at all lessons and on time.
Each Student has been given a weekly, reserved time slot. Make-up lessons are to be a rarity, not the norm. The goal is to be at all lessons. However, there are 5 make-up lesson dates built into the studio calendar. Therefore, students are offered 5 excused absences over the course of the school year. 2/5 of these absences are offered through January, and the remaining 3/5 are offered February through May. These make-up lesson dates occur when we have 5 weeks in a month. These make-up lesson dates are offered, in order to maintain consistent lessons. This is how we keep steady progress in the learning process. Students must make-up a current missed lesson by the following make-up lesson date offered. Example: If a student misses in early October, they will need to schedule a make-up lesson on October 30th (which is built into the schedule). If they know that this date will not work, they will need to contact me to see if I can get them scheduled during another available slot (if there are any available) before October 30th. Once the make-up lesson date passes, any unused make-ups (up to this point) will be forfeited. No make-ups for make-ups. Meaning, if you miss your make-up lesson for any reason, it will be forfeited. It is the student/parent responsibility to make sure that the make-up lesson is scheduled. No stocking up on make-up lessons and doing them all on one day. This is why the make-up lessons are built into the schedule, and we do make-up lessons as we go. Students who miss too many lessons, and are clearly not able to maintain consistent attendance, will lose their time slot (after fair warning).
Perfect Attendance Incentive: This is for students who have perfect attendance between September and May. These students will be offered an extra voice lesson, which will happen on Wednesday, May 29th 2019. All students with perfect attendance will be entered into a drawing for an iTunes gift card.
What is the difference between an excused absence and an unexcused absence?
- At least 48 hour notice of a known activity that will conflict with the voice lesson time (this gives me time to fill that spot)
- Illness (if a student is too sick to attend school, they are too sick to attend lessons)
- Family Emergency (A family emergency can be hard to quantify…but examples of legitimate family emergencies might include: car accident, family in the hospital, broken arm (this has happened), our car is stuck in the snow (this too has happened)
- Rebekkah/Studio has to cancel (this absence will be offered in addition to the 5 excused absences offered to each student, in the rare instance that Rebekkah/Studio must cancel)
- Less than 48 hour notice of a known activity or conflict
- Last minute cancellations that are not considered an Excused Absence
- If a student is 15 minutes late for a lesson, the lesson will be forfeited
- If a student cannot be at a lesson (but needs the lesson for an audition, etc.) we can Skype or FaceTime. This will count as a regular lesson
Remember: Communication is key. Your time slot has been reserved for you every week, so please use that time wisely.
Our time is valuable. Let’s honor that.